Freelance Magento Development
Since March 2010, I have been working on Magento shops for much of my time.
Before that time, I built an own webshop system calledt ‘NetShop’ in PHP for WHITE in Valkenswaard. The majority of the development I did myself. For some parts, I have guided other developers.
This system is still used extensively by WHITE and expanded
All the important features needed for a reliable web shop I built myself, like:
- Linking with payment providers such as Ogone and PayPal
- Connection with mailers like TNT and UPS
- Fully object-oriented
- An extensive backend, including statistics
- Multiple shops with the same backend possible
With the experience I’ve gained thus, I made a jump start with Magento.
Usually I do not build the entire Magento store, but I mainly do specialized work, i.e. the more complex issues.
I’m always looking for the best solution, neatly and forward-looking. As a result, the shop continues to function optimally, and the problems in later Magento upgrades are minimal. In Magento, it is possible to apply almost anything without touching the Magento source code or the standard templates, but that does require a lot of expertise.
I also use special development software to analyze Magentos behavior, so I know soon where a problem occurs and what the best way is to solve it. I also use software for performance analysis and finding bottlenecks.
Some highlights of the kind of work I already did:
- By order of e-Boekhouden.nl I made an official Magento extension. This is an online link between Magento and the accounting software of e-Boekhouden.nl
- Fixed the multi-country shop www.lampdirect.nl (within a few hours) after the web agency with whom it had been working, had performed a failed upgrade without a backup.
- Significant performance improvement of www.bloomfashion.nl by order of Internet Bureau Torwald
- Optimization of high-traffic site www.lampdirect.nl , it has become many times faster.
- Various specialized performance tweaks and bug fixes to www.brabantia.com
Own standard Magento Extensions
In order to be of service to my clients quickly, I built a number of standard Magento extensions. These modules I can use as the basis of a solution for customers.
These modules include, among others, the following functionality:
- Add custom settings to the Magento Panel, even for multi-store. This setting can be used in a different place in order to make something dynamic.
- Customizing views or features that are standard in the Magento Core code. This is done in an orderly way, without adapting the own Magento code. Therefore it is also modular and safe for Magento upgrades.
- Making a real Magento Cron Job, so entirely within Magento. This makes it possible to execute virtually all Magento functions periodically.
- Adding a discount to the basket. The discount can be based on an own calculation. It is also possible to communicate with a remote server about the discount.
- Intervention on standard Magento Events. This allows to adapt or expand the default behavior of Magento in an easy way.
- A module for exporting data via CSV or XLS. What data it should be, how it should look, and any operations on these data are fully customizable, as exports are executed by own scripting.
- Showing a completely separate form on the frontend. This may be on an own URL. The processing of the form can be customized completely.
- Ability to have customers subscribe to the newsletter who checkout as ‘guest’.
- Generate product feeds for product comparison sites like Kieskeurig.nl and Google Shopping.
- An empty basis module to make new extensions quickly.
Do you think I could possibly do something for your Magento webshop please feel free to contact me!
Visit my special site about High Performance Magento Hosting .